Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Rebecca & Steven : Engagement : Burlington, VT

I  get a bit nervous meeting couples face to face for the very first time.  Just to make sure everything goes smooth I show up early to our meeting spot and try to find a seat close to the door. Then I place my big honkin' camera on the table. It screams "I'm your wedding photographer!" which saves me from having weird eye contact with every couple who walks through the door.  It usually works.  That is, unless they get there before you.

At about 20 minutes past our agreed on time, I'm going through my email to find Rebecca's number to see what might be holding them up and my phone rings.

Hey Kirstin?

Hey Rebecca?!  What's up?!

We said 3 right?

Yeah, you guys running late?

Um, No.

I'm at Muddy Waters

We are too . . .

and from the back of the coffee shop walks a smiling Rebecca with her phone to her ear. Both of us had been there for over a half hour twiddling our thumbs and wondering what on earth was taking so long!  Ha!  So we had a good laugh.   And then I get the pleasure of meeting Rebecca and Steven.  I hear about how they met, their family and of course, the wedding plans. It's going to be a good one!

Since it was a rare day above freezing we decided to head towards the waterfront for some picutres.  It's been a pretty cold winter and the lake has completely frozen over.  The white expanse was dotted with people walking out to the breakwater for a different vantage point of our lovely city.   So, why not, right?  Rebecca, being a North Hero girl, and Steven being a Marine had no fear at all.  I, being a transplant Virginian  and all around worry wort, had to suck it up a bit.  But it was really beautiful. And since the lake doesn't freeze every winter, I probably won't get another chance to shoot a couple like this again. So fun. Rebecca and Steven joked and laughed as I fretted at cracks and soggy puddles.  And they climbed like champs up the snowy embankment to the breakwater and showed the love.  Our couples are awesome.   We honestly luck out with the best!






No comments:

Post a Comment